Saturday, November 17, 2007

I have had one of the toughest years of my life. After 25 years, I decided to close down my business because of a severe decline in sales. I spent months (and over $4,000) preparing for a new career which didn't work out. Finances have gone from bad to worse. Job-hunting has been fruitless. Out of desperation, I reopened my business since a little income is better than no income at all.
As bad as my finances are right now, I am very thankful for a loving, supportive wife and a comfortable home filled with love and laughter. I fill my day with music and, thanks to Howie and Lynn, I now have an iPod so I can take my music wherever I go. In August, I got a kayak and have spent countless hours paddling on the Kankakee River, taking photos and enjoying the beauty and wonder of Nature. It's been good exercise as well. I've trimmed about 12 pounds. It's also been good for my spirits. Regular kayaking trips have worked wonders for my depression.
Yes, life is very difficult, yet life is good. I am very grateful that at age 56, I am still active, still healthy, still learning, and still enjoying life.

No comments: